This programme is conducted on a memorandum of understanding signed between the 2 state governments of
Under this programme, the Japanese government has agreed to provide on-the-job training opportunities to 1000 skilled young men and women every year. At a special meeting held in
This vocational training period will be for a total of 3 years, out of which the first year’s Visa is granted to them as trainees and designated Visa is granted to them for the balance 2 years.
Each trainee will be allowed to work only at the designated place of employment while it is compulsory for them to return back after the 3 years period is over.
1. Applicants should be between 19-30 years ( preference would be given to those below the age of 25)
2. A pass for English or Sinhala Language at the G.C.E. Ordinary Level Examination
3. Applicants should be healthy
4. Should possess a minimum of 1 years work experience in the relevant field and be able to provide a certificate of service for it.
5. Preference will be given to those with vocational training programme experience
6. Knowledge of Japanese will be considered as an added advantage
The recruitment of trainee is done through licensed agents registered with the SLBFE. All licensed foreign employment agencies are not permitted to recruit trainee for the programme and special permission is granted to certain agencies to handle this. The number of trainees to be recruited from each Agency is limited. New recruitments will not be allowed until at lease 60% of the previous orders for trainees are confirmed. These agents are expected to adhere to the strict guidelines and regulation imposed by the SLBFE when recruiting these trainees.
Trainees recruited by licensed employment agents will need to undergo training on the Japanese language, lifestyle as well as physical fitness. Japanese language training should amount to 224 hours or more. Upon completion of the course, an examination will be conducted by an outside organisation independent of the SLBFE. The successful passing of this examination is mandatory.
All trainees for